If you read my post yesterday, you saw the craft that I made Jake for Valentine's Day! I found the "52 Reasons Why I Love You" idea a few months ago here, and just knew I had to try it!
I loved this craft because I could follow the general idea, but still make it my own, and special for Jake.
What you need:
-1 Deck of 52 standard playing cards
-2 Binder rings
-Stickers for decoration (I used hearts for Valentine's Day)
What you do:
I had a lot of these extra-large, white index cards, but you can use cardstock, regular paper, sticky notes, really whatever you have 52 of laying around the house!
1. Cut the index cards into 52 smaller squares. One square should fit on each playing card.
2. Take each of your 52 slips of paper and write a reason why you love that person. They can be funny, serious, whatever. Jake's reasons were a mix of serious things combined with inside jokes between us.
3. After you have 52 reasons, glue each of them to a card in the deck on the printed side.
4. Punch two holes in each card in the deck. I used a single hole puncher to do this and practiced on a Joker card to make sure I liked the way it looked. I used the first card as a guide for all the others.
5. Use binder rings to hold the entire deck together. By using these, the deck moves like a book. (I found these at Walmart, but I'm sure Staples would have them too!)
6. I used one of the Jokers as my first card, kind of like a title page. I glued a cover on the front and back side of this card.
7. Don't forget to decorate your cards with stickers or whatever else you can find! It really adds personality:)
Jake loved this gift and had so much fun flipping through and reading each of the 52 reasons when I gave it to him!