My first week of work was the perfect opportunity to cross some things off my Boone to-do list that I talked about here!
It's been so much fun figuring out where I can go and how I can get all of these things done. I'm already making my way, and have three things checked off!
Here's the list from my original post!
20 Things to do by August 1st, 2013:
- Go to the gym everyday for a full week
- Cook dinner for a group of friends
- Visit a new church
Learn the names of everyone in my office
- Go hiking on the parkway
- Go skiing this winter
- Watch 10 movies that I've never seen
- Read 10 new books
- Make friends with a neighbor
- Take Paisley to the Greenway
- Spend a day in downtown Blowing Rock
- Do something fun for New Years Eve
Personalize my new desk
- Buy an outfit from a local boutique
Attend an Appalachian basketball game
- Do something that benefits my whole office (bring breakfast, write birthday cards, something!)
- Eat at 5 restaurants that I've never tried
- Throw a super fun housewarming party
- Make my new apartment warm, inviting and like home
- Make time to grab coffee before going to work (or buy a Keurig!)
Any item that is underlined is currently in the works!
What I've done so far:
1. Attend an ASU basketball game!
My friend Kim & I had the best time the other night catching up, enjoying the concession stand and watching the game! It was a great time and I can't wait to go again soon!
It's taken this whole time to get my desk finally looking how I want it to, but I think I'm finally done!
I love love love having my own space to work from every day!
3. Learn the names of everyone in my office
I got this done on my second day of work! Woohoo!
4. Eat at 5 restaurants I've never tried!
Last Thursday, I marked one of these off my list. We ate at a little place called Boone Drug. I had been to one of their other locations, but never this one.
Here I am posing with a stuffed bear right beside where we were having lunch. That thing was nearly $400.00!
The place had a grill, as well as a place to shop while you wait! I love the small town feel. It reminded me so much of where I'm from.
Stay tuned as I try to check off everything on my list!
As always, Have a Sweet Day!