I've been throwing around the idea of doing a summer essentials post here on the blog, but as I waited to decide, more and more people had already done them. I did end up putting one together for you all today, but I decided to change it up a little bit!
Since I work at one place on Monday & Wednesday during the day and then at another place on Tuesday & Thursday at night, my summer essentials vary for certain days & times.
On Monday and Wednesday of each week, I drive into the downtown area for work at my internship. I almost always have these five items with me!
1. My Planner: I was given a brand new planner for graduation by my little Katy and I use this thing every day. Before that, I was using one of the large Lilly Pulitzer planners, but it just wasn't cutting it!
2. My Watch: If there's one thing that I've learned in the wedding business, it's that being on time is essential! Let me be completely honest, in this line of work, if you're on time, you're late! Jake gave me a Hello Kitty watch (my favorite) for our anniversary, and it has really come in handy this summer!
3. My Macbook: During the work day I spend my time building inspiration boards for clients, researching marking ideas & writing posts for the wedding blog, which you can see here! The most-recent post was about yours truly, so make sure to check it out!
4. Jack Rogers: These are the best shoes to match any outfit! I have them in 3 colors and they always look great. Now that they have the glitter and rhinestone option, I may have to give them a try!
5. My Lunch Box: My Mom has been so sweet and helps me to pack my lunch in the mornings when I don't have time. I have a lunch bag from school, but she's been using her cute Very Bradley one, and I'm not complaining!
On nights that I'm not working and I get to enjoy my time at home, my essentials are a little different!
1. J.CREW Chino Shorts: These are my favorite type of shorts for summer. I love that you can dress them up with a cute blouse, or stay casual with a t-shirt! I love throwing these on when my family is going out to dinner.
2. Summer Reading: Currently I'm reading The Help, but this changes almost weekly. My book is always nearby, whether I'm sitting on the couch or throwing it in my car. You never know when you'll have those few extra minutes.
3. Nike Tempo Shorts: A lot of times my Mom and I have been riding over to the local park and walking or running right before sunset. It's nice to throw on a pair of these shorts and be ready to go!
4. Puppy things: Since I don't have time to research dog things at work, I usually do this before bed. This includes, how-to videos on training or comparing product prices. Lately, I've spent a lot of time looking at dog crates!
5. My Family: I love nights when I'm able to go fishing with my Dad and Brother or run a few errands with my Mom. Sometimes it's nice just to be able to relax and spend time with the ones you love!
What do you think of my go-to summer essentials?