I know with today being New Year's Eve, we're all thinking about our goals for 2012. What do we want to do differently or accomplish in the year to come? This year in particular is important to me because I'm graduating from college.
That means it's the end of pretend life and the beginning of real life! There are so many things that I want to do in the next year, things that are going to take a great amount of strength, determination, and faith.
I want you to be a part of my journey.
Some of these things are small, some have to do with my career and others are things I plan on changing in my life.
12 To-Dos in 2012:
12 To-Dos in 2012:
1. Have an amazing spring break: At this point, I don't know where that will be or who I'll be celebrating with, but I want it to be perfect. This is my last actual Spring Break and I'm going to make it a good one.
2. Exercise more: I don't want to lose a certain amount of weight or be a size 00, I'd simply like to be more active.
3. Graduate college with honors: I want to finish my senior year out with a bang and have really good grades!
4. Get a job: This is probably the part of this year that scares me the most. I'm not scared to work, get up early, or be on a set schedule. I'm just nervous about finding a job that I love. I know that everything happens for a reason and I will end up exactly where I'm supposed to be.
5. Live on my own: After living away from home for 4 years and living in my own apartment for 3 of those years, it's hard to go back to living at home. I love my own space and being independent. Living in my own place is something I'm looking forward to so much.
6. Get a dog: I don't want a pet immediately after graduating, or right after moving into an apartment, but eventually I would like to have one. I love animals and would love to adopt a dog from a shelter.
7. Read more: I have an ever-growing list of books that I want to read. I would love to find time to enjoy each and every one of them, including the Harry Potter series and The Hunger Games.
8. Buy a crock pot & learn to cook with it: These things are so neat and inexpensive, plus there are so many easy recipes out there to make with a crock pot. I would love to have one of these, maybe as a graduation gift! (hint hint)
9. Send out my own Christmas cards: This is something that we have always done as a family, but I'd really like to send out my own next year. I think it shows maturity and how much fun would it be to design and send them?!
10. Be able to buy REAL Christmas presents: I'm so ready to be able to afford real presents for my family. I love the feeling of opening gifts on Christmas morning and next year I'd love for my parents to have their own stockings and nice gifts from me.
11. Invest in a nice piece of jewelry: I normally don't buy jewelry for myself. I would actually prefer someone else pick it out, maybe because I'd rather spend my money on dresses! In the next year I want to invest in a really nice piece of jewelry, like a Pandora bracelet or David Yurman. I'd love to have something to keep and pass down to my daughter one day.
12. Go to Disney World: I am absolutely in love with the magic of Disney World and I can't wait to go back! I've been telling my parents for a while now that I would love to go when I graduate!
If you're still with me, thanks for reading! I'm sorry for the super long post. I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve! Be safe and I'll see you in 2012:)